by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onApril 13, 2012
In racially tinged crimes against blacks, what does it mean if the suspect isn't white?
by Lynette Holloway onApril 11, 2012
But as residents still reel from the rampage, black leaders are calling for hate crime charges.
by Eric Hinton onApril 11, 2012
William Allen's wife says that her husband knew the man who has reportedly confessed to killing him.
April 10, 2012
Journal-isms: News organizations are reluctant to call the Tulsa, Okla., shootings racially motivated.
by Monée Fields-White onFebruary 22, 2011
In 1921, Greenwood, a successful, all-black enclave in Tulsa, was the site of the deadliest race riot in U.S. history. For the inhabitants of "the Black Wall Street," life would never be the same.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge