by Genetta M. Adams onMarch 19, 2012
If the roles were reversed, one wonders if a black teen could have killed and claimed self-defense.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onMarch 17, 2012
Updated: Hear calls from the shooter and frantic neighbors, plus cries for help before shots were fired.
March 15, 2012
Journal-isms: The gay-rights group has launched a project designed to educate the media about the extreme anti-LGBT rhetoric of certain activists.
by Lynette Holloway onMarch 13, 2012
Police say the Neighborhood Watch captain's claim of self-defense has not been proved or disproved, which is why no arrest has been made.
by Nick Chiles onMarch 8, 2012
My Brown Baby blogger Nick Chiles examines last month's shooting death of a Florida teen by the Neighborhood Watch captain in his family's subdivision. Chiles expresses outrage over the lack of an arrest in what appears to be a cut-and-dried case.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)