by Chantal Rich onMay 1, 2013
Writing at xoJane, Chantal Rich says that she didn't mind living in rural Tennessee, until strangers started to comment on her adopted children.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 3, 2012
CNN's "Who Is Black in America?" special looks at colorblindness, confusion and love in mixed-race families.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 10, 2012
Charlize Theron has adopted a baby of a different race. But stars have been doing it for years.
by Lola Jaye onMarch 21, 2012
In an opinion piece for CNN's African Voices section, Lola Jaye, who lived with a white British family, suggests ways to help families better prepare for the challenges of transracial adoption.
October 15, 2010
From our sister site Slate.com: The Michael Oher story, about a black athlete being taken in by a white family, may have been amazing. Was it unique?
by Angie Chuang onFebruary 8, 2010
Bring up race and adoption, and watch people squirm. But the reality remains that African-American children remain on the bottom rung of the adoption ladder.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview
- George Zimmerman’s Attorney Attempts To Smear Image Of Trayvon Martin