January 31, 2011
When President Obama said "We do big things," he didn't have to convince these 25 budding innovators, ages 16 to 21. They are the young people to watch if you want to know where America is heading.
by Cynthia Gordy onJanuary 28, 2011
Brandon Ford is building electric cars and fielding invitations to the White House, all while finishing the 11th grade. When you read what he has to say, you'll know why he made The Root's 2011 list of Young Futurists.
January 28, 2011
All month, The Root will introduce you to innovators in various fields, ages 16 to 21.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours