November 9, 2012
From voter-ID backlash to Hurricane Sandy, here's what made the difference on Nov. 6.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onOctober 26, 2012
Despite some Republicans' recent comments, sexual violence against women is unambiguous.
October 25, 2012
An "October surprise" and a lawmaker's remarks on abortion may cost him votes.
by Jamilah Lemieux onSeptember 1, 2012
Jamilah Lemieux writes at Ebony that Republican Missouri Rep. and Senate hopeful Todd Akin is not the only one who has trouble with victim shaming. She says that our cultures (American and black) don't trust women.
by Hillary Crosley onAugust 30, 2012
Thanks to the Komen controversy, the nonprofit has more funds for its breast-health initiative.
by Akiba Solomon onAugust 26, 2012
In Colorlines, columnist Akiba Solomon thanks Rep. Todd Akin for his "legitimate rape" comments because they provide a clear example of where the anti-choice movement goes wrong.
by L.Z. Granderson onAugust 23, 2012
The truth about Rep. Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" remark is that it provides another disturbing glimpse into the viewpoint of too many social conservatives about women's health and reproductive rights, L.Z. Granderson writes in a piece at CNN.
August 22, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Todd Akin is not the first to attempt political suicide by choking on his foot.
August 20, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: The "legitimate rape" thing isn't a talking point. It's real political ideology.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack