April 30, 2013
After a TMZ story on Kevin Ware's sex life, he and his teammates no longer tweet.
by Hillary Crosley onApril 20, 2013
When the celebrity news site reported what many in hip-hop's community took as cultural blame, the hashtag "#tmzreports" was born, and the jokes poured in.
by Damon Young onJanuary 19, 2013
Ebony's Damon Young says the website's video of Andre Lowe getting shot encourages viewers to justify their feelings about "black thugs." Even so, Young argues, there's no story if there's no audience.
by Miles Marshall Lewis onAugust 21, 2012
From James Brown to Chris Brown, celebs' sins force fans to either support or reject their heroes.
by Lynette Holloway onAugust 5, 2011
A report about Etta James' death was a hoax.
May 14, 2009
Enough with the naked cell phone pictures. Sure, celebs live for overexposure. But the PR ploys are getting tiresome.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt