by Lynette Holloway onMay 7, 2013
The anti-racism author and educator, along with other noted scholars, will explore race and racism in the U.S. through the lens of whiteness and white privilege.
March 27, 2013
Adele, Louis C.K. and others make our list of black allies -- and wannabes with questionable motives.
by Joshua R. Weaver onMarch 16, 2012
The Root Recommends: A new book that examines the anxieties of America's dwindling majority.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 4, 2010
This white man is seeing red.
by Nsenga Burton onOctober 4, 2010
Progressives come together to discuss just what that word really means.
by Lynette Holloway onSeptember 27, 2010
This past weekend, hundreds of experts on racial justice gathered to talk about how race will -- and should -- factor into the progressive agenda, the midterms and more.
April 26, 2010
Writer Tim Wise imagines the national reaction if the Tea Party was mostly African-American.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966