by Michael Arceneaux onDecember 27, 2012
Michael Arceneaux writes at Ebony that Tim Scott, the man slated to become the nation's only black senator, makes an unconvincing argument when he says that advertising can bring more diversity to the Republican Party.
by Rep. Emanuel Cleaver onDecember 22, 2012
Congressional Black Caucus leader Rep. Emanuel Cleaver says in a piece for Politico that, with more inclusionary policies and unrestricted access to leadership, the GOP could attract more interest from African Americans and other minority-group members.
December 18, 2012
Five defining facts about the most powerful black politician not named Obama.
by David Swerdlick onDecember 17, 2012
Now that the South Carolina congressman has been tapped to fill a U.S. Senate seat, he just might be.
by Cord Jefferson onNovember 3, 2010
But that doesn't mean Florida's Allen West and South Carolina's Tim Scott, both of whom won House races on Tuesday, are all that similar. Their differing approaches reflect a schism in the GOP.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 3, 2010
Despite a blackout in the Senate, some black lawmakers made history on Election Day.
by Cord Jefferson onSeptember 17, 2010
That remains to be seen, given the icy relationship between the caucus and the GOP, but some black Republican congressional candidates are certainly interested in joining.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966