May 4, 2013
#FreeRobel tweets show support for Robel Phillipos, arrested friend of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
May 3, 2013
Who's speaking out in support of the first woman on the FBI's Most Wanted Terrorists list?
by Jack White onApril 26, 2013
The suspects were "losers" who shut down a city. What will we do when a larger threat looms?
by Khaled A. Beydoun onSeptember 14, 2012
Khaled A. Beydoun writes in a piece for Al-Jazeera that using color and culture to determine who is a terrorist puts us all at risk.
August 27, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: Georgia prosecutors say that former U.S. soldiers were plotting to kill the president.
by Adam Serwer onOctober 23, 2011
A Senate vote against a GOP amendment relating to terrorism suspects suggests that's the case, blogs Adam Serwer at Mother Jones.
by Natalie Y. Moore onMarch 14, 2011
How the feds used the Libyan dictator to bring down the infamous El Rukns gang from the city's South Side.
March 7, 2011
One of two Muslim members of Congress told The Root that America faces greater internal security threats from groups that have no affiliation with Islam.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 9, 2010
A 21-year-old construction worker tries to detonate a car bomb at a military recruitment center.
November 29, 2010
Try to think of any other time that a white politician was so bracingly direct when speaking to his mostly-white constituency about racism.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966