by Lynette Holloway onMarch 17, 2010
He reveals what inspired his upcoming black agenda summit, and why Rev. Al won't be there.
March 14, 2010
From a parallel universe, the Vox Africanus debuts
by Deron Snyder onFebruary 28, 2010
Why now's the time for him to be about it, instead of talking about it
February 26, 2010
After the dust clears from his on-air spat with Rev. Al, the fact remains that black leaders do need to hold the president accountable.
February 19, 2010
The cancellation of the annual event leaves a void in political dialogue and action.
June 11, 2009
Black public intellectuals are clashing. New book shows that Harlem radical Hubert Harrison had been there and done that.
March 3, 2009
Despite all the flack that Smiley has taken in the black community, it's hard to deny that he's doing important work. And for black intellectuals, this work must inspire the rest of us.
by Melissa Harris-Perry onJanuary 7, 2009
Does Tavis realize that Obama is trying to win an election
by Michael K. Fauntroy onJanuary 7, 2009
Others will hold Obama accountable, why not blacks?
by Lisa Crooms onJanuary 7, 2009
What Malcolm X, Dubois and Robeson would have told the State of the Black Union.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges