May 15, 2013
The rapper's management team took control of his Twitter account after he talked about Marxism.
by Jade O. Earle onJune 13, 2012
From Talib Kweli to Bill O'Reilly, notables weigh in on the controversial police tactic.
by Maquita Peters onNovember 8, 2011
Join The Root as we live-tweet and live-stream "The Battle for the White House" with Farai Chideya, Talib Kweli and others.
by Joshua R. Weaver onOctober 7, 2011
The Root Recommends: The latest album by West Coast rapper M.E.D.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt