by David Swerdlick onDecember 14, 2012
Removing herself from consideration for secretary of state is a setback for her -- but a good move for Obama.
December 13, 2012
Bullied into withdrawing from secretary of state contention, she joins a sisterhood.
December 13, 2012
"I will continue to rely on her as an adviser and friend," President Obama said in a statement today.
by Dr. Wilmer J. Leon onDecember 8, 2012
If you're going to criticize the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, there's plenty of policy to use as fodder -- no need to get personal, argues Dr. Wilmer J. Leon in a piece for Your Black World.
by Farai Chideya onDecember 7, 2012
China. Marijuana. Jobs. Find out what other issues he'll likely confront in his second term.
by Tamika Mallory onDecember 6, 2012
Black America Web's Tamika Mallory writes that women have definitely made great strides in politics -- just look at the number of women in the Senate -- but there's still so much to be done.
November 30, 2012
A conservative outlet has uncovered evidence that she -- like most reasonable people -- thinks African-American history is worth learning. Are we supposed to be upset?
by Liane Membis onNovember 29, 2012
Writing at Clutch magazine, Liane Membis expresses skepticism about Republicans' alleged deep concerns over the U.N. ambassador's qualifications to be secretary of state.
November 21, 2012
Foreign Policy magazine lists some key qualities of and commentary about the woman who could be the next secretary of state.
by Leslie Pitterson onNovember 21, 2012
Republican attacks on the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations could backfire the next time women and minority voters head to the polls, Leslie Pitterson writes at Ebony.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966