by E.R. Shipp onApril 20, 2010
Nominees have a long history of going astray after they don the black robes.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMarch 1, 2010
By preserving a key component of civil rights law, justices avoid huge harm to the legitimacy of this Supreme Court.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onOctober 6, 2009
The new Supreme Court, with Justice Sonia Sotomayor, will decide just how soon we give up on kids—usually black kids.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead