April 9, 2013
Straight Up: Will leaders ever step up to fix the mess that social policy and our checkered past created?
March 30, 2013
Straight Up: Calling out black-on-black crime diverts attention from taking on the powerful gun lobby.
March 13, 2013
Straight Up: Let's get real -- and start talking -- about the anti-black prejudice that infects the U.S.
March 11, 2013
Politics, education and society are just a few of the hot topics our new regulars touch upon.
March 5, 2013
Straight Up: African Americans' concerns about a third of the community shouldn't be ignored.
February 13, 2013
Straight Up: But the Florida senator's weak State of the Union rebuttal wasn't entirely his fault.
February 2, 2013
Straight Up: It's past time for the party to step into the real world and start facing the facts.
January 21, 2013
Straight Up: POTUS went for the light touch. A good speech, but maybe not one for the history books.
January 17, 2013
Straight Up: Forget policy. His inaugural address must signal that he'll leave a lasting legacy.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music