by Brett Johnson onJune 17, 2012
The Root talked to those who protested the controversial police practice as they walked in New York.
June 17, 2012
Updated: The lawyer for Trayvon Martin's family speaks of solidarity with New Yorkers.
by Cord Jefferson onNovember 28, 2010
If the media want to focus on embarrassing frisks, they should look at what black and Hispanic Americans routinely deal with, courtesy of the police department.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)