April 28, 2013
Officer Pedro Serrano says he's been targeted by co-workers since blowing the whistle on the NYPD.
April 20, 2013
New York openly practices it, but in what other areas are racially skewed police stops an issue?
April 5, 2013
The attorney general gave us his take on racial profiling, discussing race and having The Conversation with his son.
by Julie Walker onApril 3, 2013
At the Rev. Al Sharpton's annual conference in New York City, Ray Kelly told activists the practice is also lawful.
March 25, 2013
Sen. Rand Paul's liberal stance draws sharp contrast with the White House.
by Janell Ross onMarch 25, 2013
At the Huffington Post, Janell Ross writes that the slain teen's funeral reminds us of the ramifications of "stop and frisk" and a community's existence under a police state.
March 24, 2013
MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry and guests dig into how the police policy negatively affects all Americans.
by Akiba Solomon onMarch 24, 2013
Akiba Solomon, editor at Colorlines, writes that those who advocate women carrying guns to prevent rape are coming from a perspective of white and hetero-normative privilege.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 22, 2013
A recording of a New York City police officer and his commander seems to get right to the heart of the relationship between the department's stop-and-frisk policy and black and Hispanic men.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 14, 2013
Plaintiffs hope to force the NYPD to give up the controversial and racially charged policy altogether.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods