by Charing Ball onJanuary 21, 2012
Citing the quiet popularity of Pariah, Madame Noire blogger Charing Ball challenges George Lucas' conceit that black cinema will be jeopardized if Red Tails fails at the box office.
by Linda Villarosa onDecember 27, 2011
Writer-director Dee Rees tells The Root how her own coming-out story inspired the film.
November 11, 2011
Watch a clip of the Sundance film that tells the coming-out story of a young black lesbian.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music