by Edward Wyckoff Williams onNovember 6, 2012
If Obama wins, his stats among Midwestern working-class whites might kill a key GOP tactic.
September 28, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: As Romney slips further in the polls, there's one ugly tactic he hasn't yet pursued.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onSeptember 4, 2012
The GOP's war on voting rights isn't new. It harks back to past efforts to alter the political process.
by Farai Chideya onMarch 6, 2012
Black social conservatives are there for the taking if Republicans send the right message.
by Paul Delaney onDecember 31, 2011
It's a given that the GOP attracts more whites and the Democrats attract more blacks, but it wasn't always so.
by Lenny McAllister onJune 11, 2010
Despite their failures in the 2010 primaries, black Republicans are erasing the shameful legacy of the Southern strategy and modern black politics.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)