May 20, 2013
The struggling Internet company's bid for the blog site is approved, making bloggers very unhappy.
May 6, 2013
On air, the popular NYC-based Hot 97 DJ addressed his recent arrest for soliciting a prostitute.
May 1, 2013
The video-sharing app is growing popular among stars. Here are the black notables we'd like to see with accounts.
by S. Nicole Brown onNovember 21, 2012
Writing at Very Smart Brothas, S. Nicole Brown reflects on the ways in which the proliferation of texting and tweeting has wrecked our ability to make eye contact and negotiate other basic social skills.
by Stephanie Humphrey onOctober 16, 2012
Tech2Go: A study says more people are using social networks such as Yelp and Facebook to find a mate.
by Lauren Williams onMarch 31, 2011
For all of its virtues, Facebook has killed the element of surprise at the traditional high school reunion.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onFebruary 24, 2011
Baltimore corrections officer says his privacy was invaded, and the ACLU agrees.
by Patrice J. Williams onJanuary 14, 2011
African Americans reportedly make up 25 percent of Twitter users, but the trending topics on any given day reflect hateful, stereotypical and misogynistic messages. Are we using our large social networking presence to do more harm than good?
February 23, 2010
Chris Wilson writes on how social networks caught Saddam Hussein; whould we be using Internet technology to catch all criminals?
February 3, 2010
The Root has picked its favorite black commentators in the Twitter game. You can follow them live - right here.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.