June 1, 2010
Many will get over like fat rats following during the world cup. African nations won't be among the many.
January 12, 2010
Harold Ford gets thumbs down on New York race, white candidate favored in New Orleans, race riot leads to discussion of racism in Italy, Togo pulls out of Africa Cup.
by Joel Dreyfuss onJanuary 10, 2010
Three deaths leaves soccer fans wondering if the West African team will play in the continent's most important tournament.
June 22, 2009
President Obama has accepted an invitation to the opening ceremony of the first World Cup to be held on the African Continent, according to the head of FIFA, the world soccer federation....
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJune 18, 2009
As the world prepares for the first World Cup on African soil, a black American is challenging ongoing racism in European football.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today