by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJanuary 8, 2011
But saying it out loud is not the same as understanding it. And that includes accepting that the nation's founders knew the document's interpretation would change with the times.
by Zaheer Ali onJanuary 7, 2011
In reading the hallowed document on the House floor, Republicans tried to avoid the parts that referred to people as property, but this was as ineffective as censoring Huckleberry Finn.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges