by Randall Sullivan onNovember 30, 2012
An excerpt from Untouchable traces the King of Pop's focus on music and his skin-color issues.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 8, 2012
In today's link roundup: Another reason to skip skin bleaching creams. Plus: Bad reaction to slavery-themed atheism billboard.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 11, 2011
And the efforts to stop it seem to be missing the real problem. (Hint: It's not about the chemicals.)
by Shiwani Srivastava onSeptember 30, 2009
Sammy Sosa’s new vampire complexion is a jarring reminder that, from the Dominican Republic to Dakar to New Delhi, white is still right, yellow is still mellow and if you’re black, get back.
June 15, 2009
Some folks bleach their skin to avoid being black, some do it as a trend. It's all ridiculous to me.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)