by Te-Erika Patterson onFebruary 8, 2013
"He had his chance during the first part of their lives to make mistakes, get fired from jobs and figure out his formula for success, and now it's my turn," Te-Erika Patterson says at xoJane of her sons' father in a personal essay about a difficult parenting decision.
by Lauren Williams onOctober 15, 2010
Most average Americans have seen their bank accounts suffer during the recession, but were single mothers of color hit the hardest?
by Helena Andrews onMay 20, 2010
Adulthood happens whether you're ready or not, whether you want it—or not. A Rhodes scholar/Army vet and author of ''The Other Wes Moore'' provides some guideposts on how to get there. Call it the road less traveled.
November 6, 2009
Single fathers are not glorified babysitters. They are men every bit as worthy of the title of father, and they face a lot more obstacles and prejudices to be good fathers to their children.
June 19, 2009
Black men are good fathers, loving fathers. Present fathers.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!