May 21, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: Graduation speakers often opt for tough love. Here's what they should say instead.
April 19, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: There are more African-American male educators than recent reports suggest.
March 7, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: More on the falsehood and how it's caused a missed opportunity to solve real issues.
February 28, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: A 13-year-old report using questionable data gave rise to an enduring myth.
February 1, 2013
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with NPR's Gene Demby and Diverse Issues in Higher Education's Autumn Arnett about black academic achievement, gun control and the "racist" Volkswagen Super Bowl ad.
January 30, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: Why the academic achievement gap is not rooted in black anti-intellectualism.
December 27, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: As Newtown coverage conflates mental illness and violence, students may suffer.
November 30, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Why metal detectors in black schools can do more harm than good.
October 22, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Do black kids have problems in schools because so few teachers look like them?
September 18, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Challenging current academic standards can ensure black achievement in schools.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.