November 30, 2011
The Black Girls Rock! founder spins positive message to fight negative images of women in media.
by Sheryl Nance-Nash onMarch 25, 2011
We might be least likely to wed, but plenty of us who have tied the knot would do it all over again, says author Lori Jones Gibbs. In time for Black Marriage Day, here's what she learned when she asked black wives for their stories.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’