May 19, 2013
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
May 11, 2013
For Mother's Day, staffers deliver messages of thanks to the women who raised them.
August 21, 2012
See the creator of The Wire explain why America isn't interested in bringing jobs to the inner city.
November 10, 2011
Deputy editor to succeed Joel Dreyfuss.
by Edmund Newton onNovember 6, 2011
Mayors, media stars, activists and other influencers came out Saturday to celebrate and reflect.
November 5, 2011
Journal-isms: Ex-ESPN exec denies salacious "lie" by former colleague.
July 11, 2011
Find out what the veteran newswoman has been up to and how blogging has changed her life.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onJuly 9, 2011
Couldn't make it to this year's Blogging While Brown conference? Here's what you missed from Day 1 of the event.
January 24, 2011
What makes you fabulous? Nearly 200 women came out on Jan. 13 to The Root's Young, Fabulous and Female event in Philadelphia to explore that question and network over cocktails.
January 18, 2011
What happens when you gather nearly 200 focused and savvy women -- some famous, others striving -- to talk career goals and life dreams, followed by networking over cocktails? How about The Root's recent Young, Fabulous and Female event in Philadelphia, moderated by Jacque Reid?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today