by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 20, 2012
Sherrilyn Ifill, the new president of the NAACP LDF, shares her vision of justice.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 19, 2012
The civil rights attorney and law professor will be the new president and director-counsel of the organization's Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
October 6, 2009
After months of Republican blocking behind the scenes, Tom Perez has finally been confirmed as Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights. Perez was considered an uber-qualified candidate by civil rights groups.
September 2, 2009
On the heels of the Sotomayor confirmation, another Supreme Court seat may be in play. The potential appointment of three justices in his first term will make President Obama among the most powerful presidents to influence the Court’s direction in decades.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music