July 31, 2009
This week on The Confab: Talking it out over a beer at the White House. Can a 'teachable moment' be the result of a fine brewski? Plus, why black women in America are having the worst week ever. Join The Root's Deputy Editor Terence Samuel as he talks with The Root's Assistant Editor Saaret E. Yoseph, senior culture writer Teresa Wiltz and contributor to The Root David Swerdlick.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
by Associated Press onJuly 30, 2009
July 27, 2009
Gates wants to do a doc on racial profiling. Obama pours beer and dilutes the importance of racial profiling. Some believe it doesn't even exist. Should we just move on?
by Marjorie Valbrun onJuly 24, 2009
President Obama said the Skip Gates arrest “is a sign of how race remains a factor in this society.” Obviously, not everyone agrees. The split is largely along racial lines, and we know which side he's on.
July 24, 2009
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’