September 11, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: It's time for America to find a different way to deal with the tragedy.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 11, 2012
"Our country is stronger, safer and more respected in the world," he said in remarks about the tragedy in his weekly address.
by Hillary Crosley onSeptember 8, 2012
The President has marked Sept. 11 as National Day of Service and Remembrance.
by Lauren Williams onSeptember 9, 2011
On Sept. 11, this writer worried about her father at the Pentagon. He lived, but the emotions remain.
by Brandee Sanders onSeptember 8, 2011
Now adults, a Harlem writer and her cohort reflect on the day that changed their landscape forever.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010