by Michael E. Ross onDecember 26, 2011
The results of an investigation in Seattle are but the latest example of a troubling trend.
by Michael E. Ross onJune 22, 2010
What might be a simple case of police self-defense becomes troubling when you consider the turbulent history of police-minority relations in one of America's most tolerant cities.
by Lakeia Brown onJune 18, 2010
The Seattle video brings back memories of black powerlessness in dealing with the police.
by Jeffrey Winbush onJune 16, 2010
The video of the Seattle cop punching a woman over a jaywalking incident has gone viral, but he did what he had to do.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966