by Michael E. Ross onJune 22, 2010
What might be a simple case of police self-defense becomes troubling when you consider the turbulent history of police-minority relations in one of America's most tolerant cities.
by Lakeia Brown onJune 18, 2010
The Seattle video brings back memories of black powerlessness in dealing with the police.
by Jeffrey Winbush onJune 16, 2010
The video of the Seattle cop punching a woman over a jaywalking incident has gone viral, but he did what he had to do.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’