by Lawrence D. Bobo onMay 16, 2013
Straight Up: Nearly 60 years after the landmark case, school segregation and the achievement gap still haunt us.
by Carol Sutton Lewis onOctober 22, 2012
Carol Sutton Lewis, blogger at Ground Control Parenting, challenges a recent New York Times story reporting that minority students aren't socially accepted at elite private schools.
December 2, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: The Obama administration thinks so, issuing new guidelines supporting school diversity programs.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onOctober 21, 2011
The 75-year-old first black Louisiana State student opens up about his experience.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt