by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onDecember 28, 2012
Was Nancy Lanza's poor judgment the root cause of her son's shooting spree in Newtown, Conn.?
by Monroe Anderson onDecember 20, 2012
A writer whose brother was armed and mentally ill reflects on what moved the president to tears.
by David Sirota onDecember 19, 2012
David Sirota explains in a Salon article the comments he made about killers and demographics that ignited a media firestorm.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onDecember 18, 2012
Trayvon Martin's mom talks to The Root about the issue in the wake of Newtown's massacre.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]