January 12, 2013
Amid meetings with gun advocates and gaming companies, the White House sharpens its focus.
December 28, 2012
Many band together in the wake of tragedy, but it brings out the worst in some.
by Roland S. Martin onDecember 26, 2012
Writing for CNN.com, political commentator and columnist Roland S. Martin says that, just as Emmett Till's open casket did for civil rights more than half a century ago, a photo of the actual Newtown crime scene would drive home the gun control message.
by James Luria onDecember 24, 2012
James Luria reflects on Slate on what could've been the worst moment of his life.
December 23, 2012
Following the tragedy at Sandy Hook, the civil rights leader has promised a protest for gun control.
by Monroe Anderson onDecember 20, 2012
A writer whose brother was armed and mentally ill reflects on what moved the president to tears.
by Tavis Smiley onDecember 19, 2012
Writing at the Huffington Post, Tavis Smiley channels Martin Luther King Jr. in his response to the tragic loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
December 16, 2012
MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry, Chris Jansing and Michael Isikoff on Adam Lanza's possible motives.
December 16, 2012
Amid the shock after the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting, one parent pleads for greater understanding of how to deal with mental illness.
by Charles M. Blow onDecember 16, 2012
Following the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow writes that it's time for gun-control laws, not ill-advised and fear-based action, like buying more weapons for protection.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods