by Allison Samuels onSeptember 1, 2011
The Daily Beast's Allison Samuels talks to Samuel L. Jackson, who will portray MLK in a new Broadway drama that looks at African-American progress.
by Richard T. Watkins onAugust 26, 2011
King's death changed the lives of the actor and others attending Morehouse, his alma mater.
August 17, 2011
From Blogging the Beltway: You may be surprised by who did -- and who did not.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 15, 2011
He will star in The Mountaintop without Halle Berry, who reportedly had to back out because of custody issues.
June 1, 2009
Over at The American Prospect, Danielle Belton outlines how progressive the future is for people of color: We get to answer phones and die valiantly for our fellow (white) brothers. Wait a second...
December 15, 2008
Good news: We get to see Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes again. Bad news: It's a lousy movie.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’