December 7, 2011
CONTEST: Tell us what you would ask the civil rights hero and enter to win a pair of tickets to The Mountaintop.
by Allison Samuels onSeptember 1, 2011
The Daily Beast's Allison Samuels talks to Samuel L. Jackson, who will portray MLK in a new Broadway drama that looks at African-American progress.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 15, 2011
He will star in The Mountaintop without Halle Berry, who reportedly had to back out because of custody issues.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life