by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 24, 2012
"One of the most commonly used instruments to deal with the issue of race is incarceration."
by Aisha I. Jefferson onApril 20, 2012
The mom and dad of the 6-year-old who was handcuffed at her Georgia school talk to The Root.
by Judith Browne Dianis onApril 18, 2012
Your Take: Another black child is handcuffed for a meltdown in class. Blame zero-tolerance policies.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt