February 9, 2011
Despite right-wing fears, one year after the first lady's childhood-obesity campaign, our junk food is still safe. Here's a look at what it's actually done.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onFebruary 2, 2011
Talk-show host says president should have known that the uprising was coming.
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 8, 2011
Here we go again.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 17, 2010
Apparently they're doing a better job of bringing down the country than those in the Middle East. Huh?
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onSeptember 21, 2010
The right has adopted tactics that echo efforts to block school desegregation in the 1950s. This time they may permanently damage our political system.
August 13, 2010
From Dr. Laura's Nig*** Tourette's fit to a cruel parody of tsunami victims, here are just 10 of the many instances over the years of clueless insensitivity and calculated cruelty by radio show hosts.
by Les Payne onJuly 14, 2010
From his description of the late Yankees owner as a "cracker" to his rant about whom he fired, the right-wing talk-show host is dead wrong.
June 21, 2010
WaPo columnist points out the hypocrisy on Obama and family values among two of the GOP's greatest contradictions.
January 31, 2010
Caressa Cameron is the seventh African-American to take the title at the 88-year-old pageant.
January 13, 2010
Robertson says Haiti got what it deserved. Rush thinks we shouldn't be helping save lives. Never mind politics, these guys are repulsive.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.