January 23, 2012
We don't talk about race as honestly as we did after Roots aired 35 years ago, Leslie Uggams tells Henry Louis Gates Jr.
January 19, 2012
Thirty-five years later, the slavery epic's influence is everywhere.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt