by Michael Arceneaux onSeptember 10, 2012
Ebony contributor Michael Arceneaux points out the Republican candidate's not-so-subtle reference to the "Welfare Queen" in an interview.
by Hillary Crosley onSeptember 3, 2012
Tackling the politicization of welfare, Melissa Harris-Perry loses her cool, in a good way.
by Michael Steele onAugust 27, 2012
Voters can't depend on the candidates for clarity about planned changes to welfare reform.
by Clarence Page onAugust 15, 2012
Chicago Tribune columnist Clarence Page argues that Mitt Romney's assault on President Obama's welfare-reform policy actually gets in the way of putting its recipients to work.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt