by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 7, 2011
The former Illinois governor was sentenced today for crimes including attempting to sell Obama's Senate seat.
by Nsenga Burton onJune 28, 2011
You won't be seeing the former Illinois governor on a reality show anytime soon.
January 22, 2010
Race relations have gotten a little crazy lately. An all-white basketball league. Glenn Beck's black-history lesson. An over-the-top flight attendant. The Root takes a look at those who claim "blackness" and those we think make the cut -- whether they like it or not ...
January 11, 2010
According to the former governor, the president isn't as Black as he is...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.