by Brett Johnson onJuly 30, 2012
This former Olympian recalls why he and teammate Tommie Smith donned black gloves at the 1968 Games.
by Kenneth W. Mack onApril 6, 2012
The justice was given the difficult task of representing his race, a challenge created 50 years ago.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 24, 2010
Karma is a man named Christopher Kennedy.
August 26, 2009
Ted Kennedy was as much a masterful communicator as a skilled legislator. His urgent message was simple and lasting: We must build a fair and just society.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!