by Joshua R. Weaver onMay 3, 2012
On Finding Your Roots, notables discover their origins. Here are some of the big reveals.
April 20, 2012
On Finding Your Roots, Robert Downey Jr. learns that a relative fought for America's independence.
January 22, 2010
Race relations have gotten a little crazy lately. An all-white basketball league. Glenn Beck's black-history lesson. An over-the-top flight attendant. The Root takes a look at those who claim "blackness" and those we think make the cut -- whether they like it or not ...
April 23, 2009
‘The Soloist’ is a story about the struggles of a talented but homeless cellist played admirably by Jamie Foxx. But it is Robert Downey Jr. who steals the show as loner journalist Steve Lopez.
by Jonathan Pitts-Wiley onFebruary 18, 2009
The black outrage over Robert Downey Jr.’s Oscar nod is predictable and misplaced.
by Nick Charles onFebruary 17, 2009
A white man in an Afro wig? No!
by Gary Dauphin onDecember 17, 2008
Political incorrectness is Tropic Thunder's only selling point.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt