by Frank McCoy onNovember 15, 2012
They lead the charge at groups ranging from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to the United Way.
September 1, 2011
Nine black women made it onto Forbes magazine's 2011 list of the world's 100 most powerful women. The selection criteria included leadership, money, buzz and influence. Of course, The Root recognizes such achievers regularly in the arts, technology, public service and other areas. But we're always willing to give kudos to other media, which don't often enough recognize the determination, hard work and skills of women who happen to be black.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion