by Miles Marshall Lewis onAugust 21, 2012
From James Brown to Chris Brown, celebs' sins force fans to either support or reject their heroes.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 7, 2012
She accuses the New York-based firm of shoddy bookkeeping and making money at her expense.
by Demetria L. Lucas onJune 19, 2012
Whatever happened between Chris Brown and Drake wasn't about her at all, The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas argues in a piece for Essence.
by Brett Johnson onMay 18, 2012
From Mary J. to Aretha to Battleship's Rihanna, these singers have proved they're SAG card-worthy.
by Michael Arceneaux onMay 18, 2012
Chris Brown, Drake and others have taunted the singer over her alleged sexual escapades. Michael Arceneaux explains in a piece for Ebony why they need to stop.
May 10, 2012
Her Twitter photos caused concern, but now the singer is reportedly OK.
by Hillary Crosley onMay 6, 2012
Rihanna brought a harem of dancers along for her Saturday Night Live performance.
by Denise Stewart onApril 23, 2012
One of Time magazine's "100 Most Influential People" explains how blacks can excel in math and science.
April 19, 2012
Obama is on the magazine's list of "The 100 Most Influential People in the World"; Oprah is not. See who else the magazine honored this year.
March 8, 2012
His daughter was "fat" and Chris Brown is "nice." This interview explains a lot.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.