May 11, 2013
After the singer sends a cryptic tweet about Rihanna, users have a little fun.
May 4, 2013
The pop singer drew criticism for her response to an online insult.
by Ernest Owens onMay 1, 2013
Ernest Owens, in a piece for the Huffington Post, encourages those who are upset about the singer's controversial Instagram post to take a look at their own online lives.
April 29, 2013
The singer used the social network to spread the word on her newest River Island line.
by Hillary Crosley onApril 28, 2013
Clinton Brown disapproves of the pop singers' rocky relationship.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 25, 2013
Is it too much to ask to keep toddler-racial slur combos off your Instagram?
by Feminista Jones onApril 8, 2013
Feminista Jones asks in Ebony if women can be respected while embracing their sexuality.
by Helena Andrews onMarch 1, 2013
An episode inspired by Chris Brown and Rihanna exposes the blurry line between reality and entertainment.
November 28, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris as she chats with Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta and contributing editors Edward Wyckoff Williams and Hillary Crosley about allegations that coverage of Chris Brown's latest Twitter brawl was racially tinged. Plus: President Obama's responsibility to blacks.
by Cord Jefferson onNovember 28, 2012
Cord Jefferson argues at Gawker that while it's understandable that Brown's actions get more attention than those of less-famous white men accused of the same thing, there are some signs of prejudice in the attacks on the singer and his fans.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.