December 22, 2012
The journo who questioned NFL player Robert Griffin III's blackness apologized Wednesday.
June 7, 2012
Journal-isms: Demonstrators marched in Washington, D.C., in a bid to save faith-based TV programs.
May 29, 2012
Journal-isms: A New York Times article sparked interest in a photo of the president and a young boy.
May 18, 2012
Journal-isms: With drama over unpaid writers and no April issue, what's going on with the magazine?
May 15, 2012
Journal-isms: The lastest Newsweek cover is definitely provocative, but how will it go over with black readers?
May 10, 2012
Journal-isms: Administration officials reportedly requested the Good Morning America co-host.
May 8, 2012
Journal-isms: The New York Post's n-word reference inspired a survey of several news outlets' policies on slurs.
June 30, 2011
Rebecca Carroll will be the new managing editor of Black Voices, which will be redesigned and integrated into the Huffington Post platform. Also: MSNBC analyst Mark Halperin is suspended for calling the president an expletive.
May 19, 2011
On what would have been Malcolm X's 86th birthday, commemorations are planned across the country. But will the mainstream media pay much attention?
May 3, 2011
Clinton says the State Department's job is now to "convince people [Osama bin Laden] was a murderer and not a martyr."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today