by Jean McGianni Celestin onDecember 31, 2012
ESPN's now-suspended analyst dissed RGIII's blackness. This writer says those remarks have merit.
by Alfonzo Porter onDecember 21, 2012
Rob Parker's description of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III isn't really insulting, Alfonzo Porter writes in a piece for The Root DC. In fact, Porter says, it's refreshing to see a young black man who is self-actualized and knows who he is, where he is going and how to get there.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook