by Elon James White onAugust 16, 2012
A racial double standard for Democrats and Republicans? Only if you disregard history and context.
August 14, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: The Paul Ryan choice makes the party's motivations and concerns painfully clear.
by Steven Gray onMay 30, 2012
He visited the hood and named a black adviser. But this writer wonders if it's true concern.
by Sen. Barbara Boxer onApril 16, 2012
Sen. Barbara Boxer likens the Republicans' denial of a "war on women" to basketballers who foul out, mumbling that they didn't do anything.
by Jamelle Bouie onApril 3, 2012
American Prospect blogger Jamelle Bouie details how women are leaving the Republican Party over what many view as "anti-women" rhetoric. The war on women may have reached an official breaking point, and Bouie's got the stats to prove it.
by Hayat Mohamed onJune 6, 2011
When will they realize that this strategy won't work?
by Hayat Mohamed onApril 22, 2011
In today's link roundup: Al Sharpton claims intellectuals don't like him, a city councilwoman is caught thanking God for slavery, and Birthers dominate the best-seller list.
February 17, 2011
On the second anniversary of the stimulus act, nobody's exactly calling for celebration.
by John McWhorter onJanuary 3, 2011
The acclaimed author was skeptical of Democrats, special favors for blacks and the idea of taking racial pride in the achievements of individuals.
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 3, 2011
The incoming chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee says he will focus on wasteful spending.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)