by David Swerdlick onMay 6, 2013
Back when congressional Republicans actually made a deal with the president, he got the credit.
by Zerlina Maxwell onSeptember 25, 2012
Ebony's Zerlina Maxwell argues that the recent attacks on Valerie Jarrett are just the latest example of the Republican Party playing dirty with high-level African-American liberals.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onJuly 29, 2011
The 14th Amendment could help President Obama in his ideological struggle with the GOP.
by Lenny McAllister onDecember 14, 2010
Republican disagreement with the president on policies is often labeled racist. What do you call it when Democrats oppose the first significant bipartisan compromise so vigorously that one of them even tosses the f-word at the president?
by David Swerdlick onDecember 7, 2010
The tax fight was lost before it began, so President Barack Obama decided to play for a tie.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)